- Centralized Storage and File Sharing
- Backup Center for Business
- NAS, iSCSI/ IP-SAN Storage Combo Solution for Server Virtualization
- iSCSI and Virtualization Deployment
- Feature-rich All-in-one NAS Applications Private Cloud Storage for Ease of Deployment
- Exceptional Performance: 221.8 MB/sec Reading, 220.8 MB/sec Writing
- SuperSpeed USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s Supported
- Energy-efficient & Eco-friendly
Modern businesses and workgroups face the challenge of finding a robust storage solution that can scale with the exponential increase in digital content their organization creates. From shared documents, old archived files and large rich media files, through to enterprise databases and core applications data, this challenge will only become more acute. Deploying an appropriate IT environment with a reliable, affordable and expandable storage solution is business critical. The ability to securely store, share and back-up digital assets has become one of the most important tasks for an SMB IT administrator, choosing the right option will significantly enhance business productivity and crucially offer a reliable disaster recovery solution in an age when downtime of any nature impacts profitability.
The QNAP TS-569 Pro is a 5-bay, all-in-one NAS server with exceptional performance that can meet the storage requirements of modern SMB IT environments. Features include, secure cross-platform file sharing for Windows®, Mac®, and Linux/UNIX users, an iSCSI/ IP-SAN storage combo solution and a number of versatile, value-added business applications. With a well-rounded set of backup solutions integrated in the QNAP TS-569 Pro, critical business information can be safely protected against unexpected data loss. The QNAP TS-569 Pro is also an ideal shared storage solution for virtualized and clustered environments, via VMware® Ready™ and Citrix® Ready™ certification, and a proven compatibility with Microsoft® Hyper-V environments.
The intuitive MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing content residing on the Turbo NAS over the Internet and helps users create a private cloud in just a few simple steps. The mobile app QMobile provides iOS or Android mobile device users with a convenient way to access the Turbo NAS live, on the go.
Centralized Storage and File Sharing
Cross-platform Sharing with Antivirus
The Turbo NAS supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX networks. User accounts and shared folders can be created via the user-friendly web-based interface without IT expertise. The integrated antivirus solution for the Turbo NAS ensures business continuity by offering detection against the latest viruses, malware, worms, and Trojan horses.
Windows Active Directory (AD) and LDAP Directory Service
The Windows AD and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) directory service features enable the IT administrator to retrieve user accounts from Windows AD or LDAP-based directory server to the Turbo NAS, reducing time and effort in account setup. Users can use the same login name and password to access the Turbo NAS.
Shared Folder Aggregation
Access the shared folders of other servers on Microsoft Networking through the "portal folder" on the Turbo NAS. This saves the time and effort in logging in multiple servers one by one.
ISO File Archiving and Sharing
The Turbo NAS supports mounting ISO images of CD and DVD discs as network shares for data archiving, storage, and sharing. This feature saves the space for storing the physical discs, reduces the risk of data loss caused by disc wearing and tearing, and enhances the efficiency of data sharing on business network.
Advanced Folder Permissions
Advanced folder permissions allow users to configure folder/subfolder access to the Turbo NAS. With this feature enabled, users can manage the folder permissions from Microsoft Windows or the web-based management interface of the Turbo NAS easily.
Secure Measures for Data Storage and Access
- Policy-based Unauthorized IP Blocking
The IT administrator can allow, deny or auto block specified IP address or network domain which attempt to connect to the Turbo NAS via SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, Samba, or AFP.
- Remote Login
The Turbo NAS supports remote login via SSH (secure shell) or Telnet connection.
- SSL Security (HTTPS)
The Turbo NAS supports HTTPS connection. The IT administrator can upload a secure certificate and RSA private key in X.509PEM format issued by a trusted provider to allow access to the Turbo NAS via secure SSL login.
- Secure FTP
The Turbo NAS offers secure data transfer with SSL/TLS (explicit) encryption. Passive FTP port range setup is also supported.
- Encrypted Remote Replication by Rsync
The data on the Turbo NAS can be backed up to or from another Turbo NAS or Rsync server over the network securely.
- Shared Folder Management
The IT administrator can select to hide or show selected shared folders of the Turbo NAS on Windows network.
- User Authority Management
Create multiple users and specify their password, quota, and user groups by simply uploading the batch files in TXT or Excel CSV format to the NAS.
- VPN Server
Build up a private network with QNAP VPN Server support and allow inbound access by Windows®, Mac®, Linux, and even iOS® and Android™ devices. The connections are secured with up to 256-bit encryption.
Backup Center for Business
Well-rounded Backup Solutions
The Turbo NAS offers the IT administrator flexible server backup solutions, including encrypted remote replication, Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR), and cloud-based storage backup. Windows users and Mac users can use QNAP NetBak Replicator utility and Time Machine respectively to back up data to the Turbo NAS. Furthermore, the Turbo NAS supports third party backup software such as Veeam® Backup & Replication and Acronis® True Image.
Disaster Recovery Solution
The Turbo NAS offers users peace of mind, business continuity, and high availability of data by providing the ability to recover their data from disasters.
Real-time Remote Replication
Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) provides real-time or scheduled data replication between the Turbo NAS and a remote QNAP NAS, an FTP server, or an external drive.
iSCSI LUN Snapshot/Backup
Server virtualization reduces IT expenditure yet provides flexible server management. Adopting a proper data protection and disaster recovery for virtual machines has become vastly important. The Turbo NAS has taken iSCSI LUN backup/restore to a whole new level with snapshot technology. The IT administrator can use the LUN snapshot to back up contents in the LUN to various storage destinations, including Windows shared folders via SMB/CIFS, Linux shared folders via NFS, or local shared folders on the Turbo NAS.
Cloud Storage Backup
Get ready to send private data to the clouds! The Turbo NAS supports Amazon® S3, ElephantDrive® and Symform® cloud storage backup which have several backup modes including real-time, scheduled backup and versioning control so that the data can be restored from any point of time. With ElephantDrive cloud storage can be monitored through a web browser. An extra set of all of the data stored will always be available, so remote data recovery is quick and simple.
Backup to external drive via USB3.0
The IT administrator can connect external storage devices to the Turbo NAS via the eSATA or USB ports and back up data in the NAS shared folders to the external devices. Three backup modes are provided: instant, scheduled and automatic backup.
The Turbo NAS features USB 3.0 ports for high speed backup to external hard drives. EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, and HFS+ file systems are supported to ensure compatibility with Windows, Mac® OS X, and Linux operating systems.
iSCSI and Virtualization Deployment
The Turbo NAS is VMware® Ready, Citrix® Ready, and Windows® Hyper-V compliant.
NAS + iSCSI Combo Solution
The Turbo NAS can serve as a NAS for file sharing and iSCSI storage concurrently.
The Turbo NAS supports multiple LUNs (Logical Unit Numbers) and iSCSI targets. LUNs can be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from, and switched among different iSCSI targets.
Designed with CHAP authentication and LUN masking, the advanced ACL (Access Control List) offers the capability to block unauthorized access from the initiators.
Designed for Virtualized and Clustered Environments
Compared with a high cost Fibre Channel SAN, the Turbo NAS is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
SPC-3 Persistent Reservation Supported
The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008. The IT administrator can set up Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V, and execute virtual machine live migration between Hyper-V hosts.
Advanced MPIO and MC/S Supported
With the support of MPIO (Multipath Input Output) and MC/S (Multiple Connections per Session) on the Turbo NAS, users can connect to the iSCSI targets on the Turbo NAS using two or more network interfaces from their server with failover and load balancing. Furthermore, with MC/S settings better data transmission performance is achieved.
Feature-rich All-in-one Business Applications
The Turbo NAS supports a multiuse of server business applications.
The Turbo NAS provides seamless file sharing cross Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX platforms. It also supports WebDAV for easy access to shared folders via HTTP/HTTPS protocol remotely.
The IT administrator can establish an FTP server with the Turbo NAS and share files conveniently with colleagues or customers.
The Turbo NAS offers a centralized backup center for Mac users using Time Machine and Windows users using QNAP QBack utility.
The IT administrator can host multiple websites on the Turbo NAS with the built-in web server and virtual host feature.
The RADIUS server centralizes and consolidates user authentication by maintaining a list of user accounts that are authorized for remote network access through dial-up equipment, Wi-Fi access point, or VPN connections.
By collecting and storing the logs of other network devices on the Turbo NAS with the Syslog server feature, the IT administrator can easily monitor the status of these devices and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
The Turbo NAS offers printer sharing over the network and remote printing over the Internet via IPP (Internet Printing Protocol). Print job management, and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X are also supported.
The IT administrator can use the Turbo NAS to manage the connected IP cameras and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording, and playback features.
The Turbo NAS supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) which makes the NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) service allows users to access the NAS and other resources on the same local network from the Internet. QNAP VPN Server supports both OpenVPN and PPTP with a very intuitive UI. MyCloudNAS service and Auto Router Configuration are integrated with QNAP VPN Server. With just a few clicks, users can access all services provided by the Turbo NAS remotely and securely.
For business with needs for a directory service, QNAP LDAP Service provides a cost effective alternative from Windows ADS.Turn the Turbo NAS into a LDAP server and centralize the user privilege management.
||Software Expansion via QPKG Center
Maximize the usage of the Turbo NAS by installing additional QPKG software add-ons developed by users in QNAP’s worldwide community.
With the help of Squid QPKG, the QNAP Turbo can be used as a Proxy Server. Internet cache speeds up web browsing; web filtering and monitoring enhances business Internet security.
Private Cloud Storage
The Turbo NAS helps users reap all the benefits of cloud computing. A personal cloud for home usage or a private cloud for business use can be built easily. This cloud provides flexible ways for data access, sharing, and backup, virtually anytime, anywhere.
The MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing contents in the Turbo NAS over the Internet. It provides a web-based portal for file management and access, and supports backing up important data from the Turbo NAS to other cloud storage providers such as Amazon S3, ElephantDrive, and Symform.
MyCloudNAS Access Code
While exposing the Turbo NAS to the Internet could raise security concerns, the MyCloudNas Access Code provides privacy control to make selected services only visible to authorized users.
The MyCloudNAS provide an easy way to send out an email invitation to friends. The invitation contains step-by-step instructions on accessing the Turbo NAS. It also provides a link to download the Windows application MyCloudNAS Connect that allows people even without proficient networking skills to easily set up and connect to the Turbo NAS.
QMobile App for On-the-go Contents Access
QMobile is an application designed for iOS and Android mobile devices. Terabytes of photos, music and videos stored on the Turbo NAS are ready to be streamed by QMobile from anywhere regardless of the actual storage size of the mobile devices. QMobile also provides a convenient way for uploading photos on the mobile devices to the Turbo NAS for instant sharing.
FIPS 140-2 Verified AES 256-bit Volume-based Data Encryption
The disk volume with FIPS 140-2 certified AES 256-bit encryption can only be accessed by an authorized encryption password or key. This prevents the sensitive government or businesses data on the Turbo NAS from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard disk drives or the entire system were stolen.
*The data encryption functions may not be available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries. Please contact QNAP sales representatives for further information.
Advanced RAID Management with Hot-swap Design
The Turbo NAS offers RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 5+hot spare, 6, single, and JBOD disk configurations. It also supports hot-swap design so that a failed member drive of a RAID configuration (RAID 1 or above only) can be replaced by hot swapping without turning off the server.
Global Hot Spare
The Global Hot Spare feature allows the administrator to share spare drives with multiple RAID volumes on the Turbo NAS. When a hard drive fails in any RAID volume, the global hot-spare drive will automatically replace the failed drive to prevent data from being lost. Compared with a local spare drive, the Global Hot Spare function offers more efficient use of spare drives.
Online RAID Capacity Expansion
The storage capacity of a RAID configuration can be expanded by replacing larger hard drives. All the data will be kept and seamlessly moved to the newly installed hard drives without turning off the server.
Online RAID Level Migration
Upgrade the disk configuration to a higher RAID level with the data retained without turning off the server.
IP-SAN/ iSCSI Storage and Virtual Disk Drives (VDD) for Storage Expansion
The Turbo NAS provides a cost-efficient iSCSI solution to set up an IP-SAN storage. With the built-in iSCSI initiator, the Turbo NAS can also connect to other iSCSI targets over the network and turn them into virtual disk drives (VDD).
iSCSI Storage Plug & Play
Now the Windows version of QNAP Finder provides a convenient way to expand desktop computer or server storage capacity by connecting to the Turbo NAS and mapping a network drive or a Virtual Disk.
User-friendly System Management
The Turbo NAS offers various features to help the administrator manage the system efficiently.
||Instant SMS, Email and Windows Live Messenger Alert
Configure the SMTP server, SMS server, and Windows Live Messenger account settings on the Turbo NAS in order to receive instant system warning or error messages via email, SMS and instant messages.
||SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
Collect the information, warning, or errors of the Turbo NAS and send warnings up to 3 SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
||S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS)
Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) helps the IT administrator monitor hard disk status. Moreover, the Turbo NAS supports Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS) for disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
Multiple LAN Deployment
The Turbo NAS supports multiple bonding modes: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing), and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in failover mode that allows the Turbo NAS to sustain the failure of one network port and provide continuous services.
| Load Balancing
The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost file transfer speeds. It works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured.
| Multi-IP Settings
The Turbo NAS can be deployed with multiple different IP settings for sharing among different workgroups in two different subnets.
The IT administrator can integrate the Turbo NAS to an existing VLAN on a virtualization environment and configure the Turbo NAS as the storage system of other VLAN devices. By enabling VLAN on the Turbo NAS, only the devices with the same VLAN ID can access the Turbo NAS.
Connect the Turbo NAS to the wireless network through a USB Wi-Fi dongle for convenient access. The Turbo NAS is compatible with fast 802.11n and 802.11g dongles for Wi-Fi connection.
Exceptional Performance with Port Trunking Support
The Gigabit Ethernet interface and fast processor enable the Turbo NAS to deliver superior performance and high reliability for critical applications.
- FTP/SAMBA Testing Environment: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz/ DDR3 1600Hz 16GB, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit ZyXEL GS-2024
- FTP/SAMBA Testing Method: Connect the Turbo NAS and PC to switch, upload/download 5GB file without Jumbo Frame, FTP Tool: FileZilla
Eco-friendly & Energy-efficient
The Turbo NAS features green technologies to protect the environment and save electricity bill. The smart fan monitors the system temperature of the Turbo NAS and automatically adjusts its speed to ensure quiet operation and power saving. The hard drives can be set to enter standby mode after a period of idling to reduce power consumption and extend hard drive lifespan. Scheduled power on/off feature provides flexibility to only allow the Turbo NAS to operate in designated time and therefore minimize power usage.
||Wake on LAN
Enable this option to power on the Turbo NAS remotely by Wake on LAN.
||Hard Drive Standby
Configure the hard drives to enter standby mode if there is no drive access within the specified period.
||Scheduled Power on/off
The flexible scheduled power on/off feature is provided for IT administrators to manage the up time of the Turbo NAS according to the working hours. The administrator can set the time for automatic system power on, power off, or restart on any days of the week.
The Turbo NAS supports USB UPS devices (usbhid-ups supported) to allow users to store the data in time and avoid critical data loss when power outage occurs during data transfer. Network UPS allows multiple Turbo NAS servers on the same physical network to be protected by a single UPS via receiving UPS notification on abnormal power supply.
||Intel® Atom™ 2.13GHz Dual-core Processor
||1GB RAM (Expandable RAM, up to 3GB)
1. The system memory can be increased to 3GB by installing an additional 1GB/2GB SO-DIMM RAM module.
2. For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide
|Hard Disk Drive
||5 x 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or 2.5" SATA, SSD hard drive
1. The system is shipped without HDD.
2. For the HDD compatibility list, please visit http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?sn=3877&lang=en
|Hard Disk Tray
||5 x Hot-swappable and lockable tray
||2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
||Status, LAN, USB, eSATA, Power, HDD 1, HDD 2, HDD 3, HDD 4, HDD 5
||2x USB 3.0 port (Back: 2)
5x USB 2.0 port (Front: 1; Back: 4)
Support USB printer, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS etc.
||2 x eSATA port (Back)
||System: Power button, USB One-Touch-Backup Button, Reset button
||Mono-LCD display with backlight
Enter button, Select button for configuration
||185 (H) x 210.6 (W) x 235.4 (D) mm
7.28 (H) x 8.29 (W) x 9.27 (D) inch
||Net weight: 5.1 kg (11.24 lbs)
Gross weight: 6.5 kg (14.33 lbs)
|Sound Level (dB)
||w/o HDD installed: 34.3 dB
Stand by: 34.3 dB
In operation: 35.0 dB
(with 5 x 500GB HDD installed)
|Power Consumption (W)
||Sleep mode: 29.1W
In Operation: 48.5W
Power-off (in WOL mode): 1W
(with 500GB HDD installed)
||Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, Output: 250W
||K-lock security slot for theft prevention
||Reserved VGA interface for maintenance
||1 x quiet cooling fan (12 cm, 12V DC)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
- Apple Mac OS X
- Linux & UNIX
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9
- Mozilla Firefox 8, 9, 10
- Apple Safari 4, 5
- Google Chrome
- Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Internal Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4
- External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
- TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack)
- Dual Gigabit NICs with Jumbo Frame
- Multi-IP Settings
- Port Trunking/NIC Teaming (Modes: Balance-rr, Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad/Link Aggregation, Balance-tlb and Balance-alb)
- Service Binding based on Network Interfaces
- Virtual LAN (VLAN)
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server
- Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
- UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
- USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
- Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- Works as Both RTRR Server & Client with Bandwith Control
- Real-time & Scheduled Backup
- Encryption, Compression, File Filter, and Transfer Rate Limitation
- Block-level Remote Replication
- Works as Both Rsync Server & Client with Bandwidth Control
- Encrypted Replication between QNAP NAS Servers
- USB One Touch Backup (Import/Export)
- Desktop Backup by QNAP NetBak Replicator for Windows
- Apple Time Machine Support with Backup Management
- Data Backup to Multiple External Storage Devices
- Data Backup to Cloud Storage (Amazon S3, ElephantDrive, and Symform)
- IP Filter and Policy-based Automatic IP Blocking
- Network Access Protection with Auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP
- Encrypted Access: HTTPS, FTP with SSL/TLS (Explicit), SSH/SFTP (admin only), Encrypted Remote Replication between QNAP NAS Servers (Rsync over SSH)
- CIFS Host Access Control for Shared Folders
- Antivirus Protection
- FIPS 140-2 Validated AES 256-bit Volume-based Data Encryption*
- AES 256-bit External Drive Encryption*
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Instant Alert via E-mail, SMS, Instant Messaging (Windows Live), Beep, and LCD Panel
- Single Disk, JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 5, 5 + Hot Spare, 6, 6 + Hot Spare, 10, 10 + Hot Spare
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion & Online RAID Level Migration
- Bad Block Scan & Hard Drive S.M.A.R.T.
- Global Hot Spare Drive (4-bay NAS and above)
- RAID Recovery
- Bitmap Support
iSCSI (IP SAN)
- iSCSI Target
- Multi-LUNs per Target
- Up to 256 Targets/LUNs Combined
- Supports LUN Mapping & Masking
- Online LUN Capacity Expansion
- Supports SPC-3 Persistent Reservation
- Supports MPIO & MC/S
- iSCSI LUN Backup, One-time Snapshot, and Restore
- iSCSI Connection and Management by QNAP Finder (Windows)
- Virtual Disk Drive (via iSCSI Initiator)
- Stack Chaining Master
- Max No. of Virtual Disk Drives: 8
Server Virtualization & Clustering
- Supports VMware vSphere
- Supports Citrix XenServer
- Supports Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V & Failover Clustering
- Wake on LAN
- Internal Hard Drive Standby Mode
- Scheduled Power on/off (Max 15 Settings)
- Automatic Power on after Power Recovery
- USB and Network UPS Support with SNMP Management
Access Right Management
- Max No. of Users: 4,096
- Max No. of User Groups: 512
- Max No. of Network Shares: 512
- Batch Users Creation
- Import/Export Users
- User Quota Management
- Subfolder Permissions Support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP and Web File Manager
Domain Authentication Integration
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- LDAP Server
- LDAP Client
- Domain Users Login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and Web File Manager
- Private Cloud Storage and Sharing
- Free Host Name Registration (DDNS)
- Auto Router Configuration (via UPnP)
- MyCloudNAS Connect for Easy Connection (Windows utility)
Storage Plug & Play
- Windows Software: QNAP Finder
- Create and Map Shared Folders
- Create and Connect to iSCSI Target/LUN
- AJAX-based User Interface
- Smart Fan Control
- Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
- SNMP (v2 & v3)
- Resource Monitor
- Network Recycle Bin for File Deletion via CIFS/SMB and AFP
- Comprehensive Logs (Events & Connection)
- Syslog Client
- Firmware Live Update
- System Settings Backup and Restore
- Restore to Factory Default
Powerful All-in-one server
- File Sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX
- Shared Folder Aggregation (CIFS/SMB)
- Web File Manager
- Supports ISO Mounting
- Direct File Viewing via Google Doc
- Create and Send Download Links for Public File Sharing with Expiration Time and Password Protection
- FTP over SSL/TLS (Explicit)
- Max No. of Concurrent Connections: 256
- FXP Supported
- Passive FTP Port Range Control
- FTP Bandwidth & Connection Control
- Unicode Support
- Remote Replication Server (over Rsync)
- Real-time Remote Replication to another QNAP NAS or FTP Server
- Apple Time Machine Support
- Windows Client Backup Application: QNAP NetBak Replicator
- Third Party Backup Software Support: Acronis True Image, CA BrightStor, ARCserve Backup, EMC Retrospect, Symantec Backup Exec, LaCie SilverKeeper, etc.
- HTTP/HTTPS Connections
- Supports WebDAV Connection
- Support Virtual Host (Max: 32)
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Built-in MySQL Server (v5.1.36)
- Web-based Management via phpMyAdmin (QPKG)
- Max No. of Printers: 3
- Supports Internet Printing Protocol
- Print Job Display and Management
- IP- and Domain Name-based Privilege Control
- Supports Apple Bonjour Printing
- Centralized Log Monitoring and Archiving
- Immediate E-mail Alerts
- Supports Log Filtering
- Centralized Account Management and Authentication for Network Access
- Supports 802.1x Security Authentication
TFTP Server with PXE Booting (Read-only)
- Secure Remote Access: PPTP & OpenVPN VPN services
- Remote Access to Other Resources on Local Network
- Max No. of Clients: 30
- Audio and Video Sharing (AIF, M4A, M4B, M4V, MOV, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPG, WAV)
- Smart Playlist for iTunes Client (Windows & Mac OS)
UPnP Media Server
- Built-in TwonkyMedia Server
- Real-time & Background Photo Transcoding
- Supports UPnP Media Player Such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Supported format (The actual playback capabilities may vary depending on the UPnP client.)
- Audio: MP3, MP4, M4A, M4A (ALAC), M4B, 3GP, APL, AC3, M1V, M4V, MOV, AAC, AMR, AWB, WAV, PCM, LPCM, MP1, MP2, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, SND, WMA, OGG, FLAC
- Photo: JPG, JPE, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Video: WMV, ASF, VDR, AVI, XVID, DIVX, FLV, MPG, MPE, MTS, M2TS, M2T, MPEG, SPTS, M2P, M2V, MP2T, MP2P, MPG2, DVR-MS, VOB
- Playlist: M3U, M3U8, WPL, PLS
- Supports Photo, Audio and Video
- Image Slideshow and Rotation
- Automatic & Schedule Thumbnail Generation for Easy Browsing
- Display Photo Details from EXIF: Date, Exposure Time, Aperture, etc.
- Display Audio Details from ID3 Tag: Album Cover, Title, Artist, Album, etc.
- Access Authority Management
- Multimedia (Video & Audio) Streaming
- Supports Cooliris
- Supports Web Publishing (Facebook, MySpace, MSN Live, Twitter, Plurk, Blogger)
- Share Photos by Email
- Supported Formats:
- Photo - JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG
- Audio - MP3
- Playback: FLV, MPEG-4 Video (H.264 + AAC)
- Transcode: AVI, M4V, MPG/MPEG, RM/RMVB, WMV
- QNAP Exclusive iPhone & Android App - QMobile
- Supported File Formats:
- Photo: JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, RAW (.arw, .srf, .sr2, .dcr, .kdc, .cr2, .crw, .nef, mrw, .pef, .paf, .3fr, .erf, .mef, .mos, .orf, .rw2, .dng, .x3f, .tif, .nrw, .raf)
- Video: FLV, MPEG-4 Video (H.264 + AAC)
- Image Slideshow with Background Music, Thumbnails, and Different Playback Modes
- Online Photo Editing by Pixlr Editor
- Geotagging Photos with Google Maps
- Slideshow Sharing (from Private Albums) with Password Protection
- Photo Publishing to Social Websites (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Plurk, and Blogger)
- Photo Sharing by Email
- Supported Audio Formats:
- MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, M4A, APE, AAC
- Local Playback with USB Speaker/Sound Card
- Browse Other UPnP Media Servers on Local Network
- Internet Radio (MP3)
- Music Alarm (up to 8 Alarms)
- Playback Control by QNAP Mobile App: QMobile Music Remote
- PC-less BT, FTP, HTTP Download (up to 500 Tasks)
- BT Download
- Supports TCP/UDP Tracker Protocol
- Scheduled Download
- Configurable Port Range
- Bandwidth Control
- UPnP NAT Port Forwarding
- RSS Subscription and Download (Broadcatching)
- Selectable Download Files
- HTTP/ FTP Download
- Configurable Saving Directory
- Bulk Download with Wildcard Settings
- RapidShare Download Support
- QNAP Download Management Software: QGet
- For Both Windows & Mac OS
- Manage the Download Tasks of Multiple QNAP NAS Remotely over LAN or WAN
Surveillance Station Pro
- Max. IP Cameras: 12, optional purchase (1 free license included, supported network cameras)
- Mobile app: VMobile (iOS & Android)
- Protection against the Latest Known Viruses, Trojans, and Other Threats
- Free Virus Databases Update on Manual or Scheduled Basis
- Multiple Scan Tasks (Max: 64, Concurrent: 5) with Custom Folder Selection and Scheduled
- Email Notification upon Task Completion or Virus Detection
- Quarantines or Deletes Infected Files
- Expands Application Services by Easy Online Installation
- A Wide Variety of Official and Community QPKG Add-ons
The actual available QPKGs may vary depending on the NAS platform.
… and more.
- Squid Proxy Server
- Vtiger CRM
- Plex Media Server
- PS3 Media Server
- Squeezebox Server
- Optware IPKG
- Java Runtime Environment
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* The data encryption functions may not available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries.
**Applies to firmware 3.6.3. Users can purchase activation licenses online and increase the number of channels supported.